This chain drawn string purse was inspired by Viking history of York, England. It’s a twist on leather pouches carried during the Viking era. Our warrior conquest will start with learning to make your own patterns and designs for the front and back panels using photo polymer plates. Then you will learn to make all-in-one “castle” knuckles and rivet a pin to secure it. Next, you will cut and punch soft supple sheep skin leather and attach it to form the clever purse bag. In the final step, a chain is threaded through the leather to make a functional purse.
960 Sterling (25 g Art Clay or PMC3 and 25 g PMC Sterling 925), 2mm small link chain - should be flexible, smooth, rounded links, used for the draw string as not to abuse the leather, another matching chain for the necklace -- size optional, 2 head pins, 2 small gems or pearls, 4 - 5 mm, 14 ga straight junk wire, 16 ga sterling, 20 ga sterling, 6” square thin sheep skin leather, 2 - 3 mm leather punch, Striking hammer, Bench block or hard surface, Tracing paper, Set of pliers, round nose, chain link or flat nose, wire cutters, 3M polishing papers, Metal back polymer plate, Overhead projector sheets, Clear report cover, Scotch guard for swede, Clear tape, Masking tape, Deodorant contain with a nice long curve, Sharpie® Black Pen, A compass (optional), Basic tool kit, Advantedge® Rubber polishing wheels for Silver, blue (medium), pink (fine) for rotary tool, 3M Radial Bristle Brushes 400 grit to fine,
Jorvik Viking Purse Class
Online Policy and Cancellation Policy
- Holly Gage cannot be held responsible for technical difficulties arising from Go to Meeting. Checked your equipment PRIOR to the start of the sessions together.
- Other people on your personal network may also impede the session, so it is recommended only one person in your household use the network at a time.
- Please turn off cell phones and other distractions during class. A set of headphones may be helpful.
- If technical difficulties prevent an individual from communicating during the group session or impede an entire session, Holly will communicate with that person after the session to rectify the problem.
- If technical difficulties disrupt the session, make-up time shall be added to the end of the session.
- Please be on time for class, and test your equipment prior to class as this affects all participants involved. Hollyy is happy to run a test with you if need be.
- Please be considerate, your enrollment affects the run of the class, so cancellations less than 3 weeks will be non-refundable.
- Once materials or the lesson has been given to you the class fee is non-refundable
- Class material and fees are for that class only and are not exchangeable for another class or time slot.
About Live Online Classes
The Online classes are live and interactive with Holly Gage on the Go To Meeting platform. All you need is a camera on your computer or phone.
- A week or so prior to class, Holly will send you a PDF file of the lesson.
- During each class she demonstrates a part of the lesson and you will spend the week trying it on your own and you will come back to the next class with your "Creative Development Homework" so far.
- Together you will discuss it, ask questions, talk about challenges, or just celebrate what you've achieved.
- The sessions continue in that manner until you are done with the course.
- Classes cover design concepts as well as technique.
- Classes are kept small and personal, about 4-5 students to keep them light and enjoyable engaging all members of the class.
- If you miss a class, you can catch up at the next session where I will give a quick review of the prior session.